MID-DAY MEAL POLICY
Mid-Day Meal Scheme is introduced by M.S.R.S College Alumni Association, Mumbai and is wholly sponsored by the association to cater to the needs of poor and deserving students. The institution provides mid-day meals to students on all working days. The following parameters are considered while selecting the beneficiaries which are discussed and approved in Alumni meeting:
- 1. Mid-Day Meal Committee is set up consisting of senior faculty members and student representatives.
- 2. Fresh and renewal applications are invited in the beginning of the academic year.
- 3. Maximum beneficiary limit is flexible to include more number of beneficiaries.
- 4. To inculcate good food habits and avoid wastage of food, a nominal fee of Rs.5 per meal is charged which is not a must.
- 5. Food quality and hygiene is regularly monitored by the committee.
- 6. Grievances are attended on priority basis and redressed.
- 7. Annual statement of accounts is provided to Alumni Association.
SERVICE RULES FOR MANAGEMENT STAFF
Vidyavardhaka Sangha (R.), Shirva is a registered Charitable Trust established in the year 1944 in the per-independence era. Mulki Sunder Ram Shetty College, Shirva was established in the year 1980 by late Sri. Mulki Sunder Ram Shetty, a visionary educationist and a visionary.
- 1. All teaching and non-teaching staff recruitments in the college are done according to government rules and regulations.
- 2. Depending on the vacancy created in the college, the management issues advertisements in the leading newspapers inviting applications from eligible candidates.
- 3. Eligible candidates are called for written test, shortlisted for interview and selection is made by a committee consisting of management representatives, subject experts, Principal and concerned head of the department.
- 4. Additional qualifications like NET/SLET/Ph.D are given more weightage during selection.
- 5. Management appointed staff can avail 12 Casual Leave annually. Maternity leave is sanctioned as per government rules.
- 6. Provident Fund and ESI facilities are provided to the employees
- 7. Annual increment is given based on performance.
- 8. Service matters of the employees are regulated as per government rules and rules of the Management.
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP POLICY
The Scholarship Committee comprising of senior faculty and the Principal is constituted for the smooth functioning of student scholarship. Various government and non-government scholarships are provided to the beneficiaries. All government scholarships are directly credited to beneficiaries’ bank account in the recent years. The following non-government scholarships are being provided regularly to the beneficiaries.
- 1. Dr. Vinod and Chandrashekhar Shetty Foundation, Kaup
- 2. All Cargo Logistics Limited, Mumbai
- 3. MSRS College Alumni Association, Mumbai
- 4. Sri Ram Charitable Trust, Mudradi
- 5. Sulthan Chand Dropadi Devi Scholarship
- 6. Bunts Sangha Madikeri and Mysore
- 7. Sitaram Jindal Foundation, Bangalore
- 8. Alumnus Ronald Andrade
Apart from these, various other philanthropers and alumni provide a number of scholarships to students on need basis. The following parameters are considered for the selection of beneficiaries.
- 1. Applications are invited in the beginning of the academic year.
- 2. Poor merit based students are shortlisted and finalised by the committee after interviewing the students.
- 3. Scholarship is renewed for three consecutive years if the student passes in all the subjects. If the student is not promoted in the university examinations to the next higher class, the sholarship gets cancelled and allotted to other deserving candidate/s of that class.
- 4. Acquittance shall be maintained for all non-government scholarships on the disbursement.